Brittnay Franklin joined Alexander Ricks as an Associate in 2018 and focuses her practice on commercial real estate and corporate transactions. Brittnay represents owners and developers in the leasing, acquisition, development, management and financing of commercial real estate. Prior to joining Alexander Ricks, Brittnay was a Pro Se Law Clerk for the United States District Court in the Middle District of North Carolina.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D., with Honors, 2017)
- Appalachian State University (M.S., 2014)
- Appalachian State University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Publication Editor, North Carolina Law Review (2016-2017).
- Merrill-Holt Scholarship Recipient.
- Eugene Gressman & Daniel H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award (2015).
Brittnay was raised in Morganton, North Carolina. She enjoys visiting the North Carolina mountains and spending time with her husband, Jamie, and four pets.
- Represented owners and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of office, industrial and retail leases.
- Represented real estate developers in all stages of development, including drafting purchase agreements, a variety of leasing matters, and disposition.
- Represented national, regional and community banks in a variety of real estate and commercial lending matters.