Andy Brown joined Alexander Ricks PLLC as an Associate in 2018 and focuses his practice on commercial real estate and corporate transactions. Andy represents owners, developers and lenders in the leasing, acquisition, disposition, development, management and financing of commercial real estate and corporate transactions. Andy’s experience includes representing private and publicly held companies in various corporate transactions, including creation, organization, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and corporate governance.
Prior to joining Alexander Ricks, Andy was an associate in the Corporate and Securities and Health Care Transactional practice groups at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings in Charlotte.
- Clemson University (B.S. Economics, Summa Cum Laude, 2014)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D., with High Honors, 2017)
- Order of the Coif
- Member, North Carolina Law Review (2015-2016)
- Chancellors’ Scholar
Andy was born in Sterling Heights, Michigan and moved to Charlotte in 2004. He enjoys running, hiking and brewery hopping with his wife, Claire.
Corporate and Securities
- $6,250,000 of Series A Preferred equity issued by a bioplastics manufacturer in a Rule 506 Regulation D exempt offering.
- Represented publicly-traded health network in the acquisition of a multi-surgeon group practice.
- Represented purchasers in the acquisition of an insurance agency.
- Represented private and publicly held entities in corporate governance and restructuring matters, including the formation, operation, structure and dissolution of corporate entities and joint ventures.
Commercial Real Estate
- Represented real estate developer in the $29M acquisition and development of 200-unit luxury apartment complex.
- Represented landlords in multiple full-building, office, retail and industrial commercial leasing matters.
- Represented regional banks, financial institutions and individuals in various commercial real estate and related commercial lending matters, including: construction and term loans for the development of multi-tenant and mixed-use retail sites.