EMPLOYMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCES
As the landscape of labor and employment laws becomes increasingly more difficult to navigate, the Alexander Ricks PLLC Employment and Human Resources Law Practices Group will partner with you to manage and strengthen your workforce, resolve employment-related disputes, and protect your business. We counsel employers in every facet of the employer/employee relationship, including preventive advice and training and representation in litigation.
Our primary goal is to work with our clients proactively to provide the most cost efficient measures to evaluate and improve your employment practices, and prevent the risk of costly litigation. However, where a dispute arises, we will fervently represent your interests in seeking cost-effective resolutions and favorable outcomes before administrative agencies and in state and federal courts.
We provide a full range of services in this area, including the following:
- Providing employment practices audits designed to enable businesses to proactively evaluate compliance with a myriad of employment laws and best practices to prevent costly litigation and strengthen your workforce. Our employment practices audits can be performed using creative non-hourly billing arrangements, and include a review of a wide range of practices.
- Advising clients on employment and human resources strategies, policies and procedures, and drafting employment policies, personnel handbooks, contracts, and restrictive covenants to protect institutional trade secrets, confidential information, customer relationships, and other intellectual property and human capital.
- Advising clients with respect to employee hiring, medical leaves, accommodations, discipline, and termination, including reductions in force and severance agreements.
- Evaluating wage classification audits and assist clients with proper designation of exempt employees, non-exempt employees and independent contractors, and representing clients in Department of Labor investigations.
- Preparing and presenting seminars and training materials for corporate management and human resources professionals.
- Representation of clients nationwide in class action and single-plaintiff litigation matters and administrative claims involving employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, sexual harassment, retaliation, wage and hour disputes, restrictive covenants, and labor issues, with an emphasis on achieving favorable settlements and in securing dismissals and summary judgment without the risk and expense of trial.
- Advising clients and drafting transaction documents to address a wide range of domestic and international personnel issues in outsourcing transactions, mergers, acquisitions, asset sales and reductions in force.