Emily Reynolds is a Member of Alexander Ricks PLLC and represents developers, lenders, and investors in a variety of complex real estate matters, including:
- acquisition, development, financing, leasing, and sale of office, retail, industrial and multifamily properties;
- corporate relocations and major operations leases (office, industrial and retail), including negotiation and structuring of associated incentives;
- real estate joint ventures;
- investments related to the newly established Opportunity Zones following the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 for long-term investments and development in low-income urban and rural neighborhoods;
- private placement real estate funds;
- development and infrastructure agreements;
- build-to-suit leases;
- land banking, lot/land aggregation and associated financing for national and regional homebuilders, lenders and equity partners;
- strategic planning;
- 1031 exchanges; and
- renewable energy facilities.
Prior to joining Alexander Ricks PLLC, Ms. Reynolds was a partner in the Charlotte office of an international law firm and a partner in the Charlotte office of a southeastern law firm.
- Washington & Lee University (J.D., 2003)
- Washington & Lee University (B.A., 2000)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte OZ Panel
- Charlotte Business Journal OZ Panel
- Presenter, "Structuring Real Estate Joint Ventures," ULI Private Equity Symposium, 2014
- Moderator and Planner, "Hoping for the Best, Preparing For the Worst," North Carolina Bar CLE, February 2010
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Commercial Real Estate Women Network (CREW)
- North Carolina Bar Association: Real Property and Taxation Sections
- Advised major corporation in association with its North Carolina headquarters relocation, including structuring development agreements, build-to-suit lease, and incentives agreements regarding major roadway improvements and incentives.
- Represented national manufacturer with respect to the purchase, development and leasing of its southeastern production facility, including negotiation of incentivized purchase from municipality.
- Advised national homebuilder regarding its assembly and financing of property for large residential subdivision.
- Represented real estate developer with the purchase of multiple office and industrial properties located on secure federal land and leased primarily to federal government contractors.
- Represented multiple real estate investment firms in the formation of Qualified Opportunity Zone Funds and associated property transaction.
- Represented many real estate developers in connection multi-million dollar placements under Reg. D of the Securities Act of 1933.
- Represented institutional real estate company with major leasing activity for newly developed office portfolio.
- Advised solar developers, tax equity providers, and lenders in association with real estate issues connected with solar and bio renewable facilities.
- Advised national signage company regarding agreement with municipality for directional and marketing signage on public property, including First Amendment issues.
- Advised a national banking association in connection with the acquisition, repositioning, disposition and financing of a substantial portion of its REO portfolio.
- Represented private investor in a deferred improvements exchange under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code for the development of a large downtown apartment complex, including, the development and construction agreements, institutional and convertible private financing, leasing and corporate documentation.
- Assisted real estate developer with a drop and swap transaction to enable the client to diversify its holdings through a 1031 exchange and represented such client with respect to the associated exchange, disposition, acquisition, financing, and leasing of its multi-property portfolio.
- Advised a private real estate company in connection with a roll-up and recapitalization to redeem investors and enable future growth.
- Advised real estate developer with respect to a new business venture, including independent contractor and non-compete agreements.
- Advised real estate developer regarding the acquisition of a 200,000 square foot multi-use development out of receivership and the associated life company financing and ongoing leasing matters.
- Represented real estate investor in connection with all phases of the acquisition, leasing, financing and development of a 130,000 square foot office complex.
- Represented local non-profit in the acquisition and environmental preservation of property for use as a youth camp.
- Negotiated and prepared conservation easements, deed restrictions and protective easements with respect to a major multi-use development in Charlotte.