EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES AUDITS
Employment practices audits are designed to enable businesses to proactively evaluate compliance with a myriad of employment laws. Identifying and remedying areas in which employers are not in compliance with applicable laws and best practices prevents costly litigation and improves employee morale and productivity.
Our evaluation of your human resources practices can include review of the following areas:
- Hiring practices
- Wage and hour practices, including proper categorization of employees as “exempt” and proper timekeeping and overtime practices
- Categorization of employees versus independent contractors
- Employee handbooks and other formal and informal employment policies
- Practices related to the monitoring of employee phone, computer, internet, social media and other activities
- Compensation practices, including pay equity
- Practices related to leave for vacation, illness, family medical leave, maternity and paternity leave, and disability leave and accommodation
- Employee evaluation, discipline, and terminations practices
- Compliance with record-keeping laws and best practices
- Practices, policies, and training aimed at avoiding discrimination and harassment in the workplace
- Procedures used to address and investigate internal employee complaints of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation
We can perform this audit in an efficient, cost-effective manner that will enable us to identify potential risks and recommend concrete actions you can take to strengthen your workforce and mitigate the threat of unwanted attrition or litigation.