Russ Andrew joined Alexander Ricks as a Member in 2015. His practice is focused on helping clients buy, sell, develop, lease and finance real estate projects.
He serves as counselor and business advisor to national, regional and local real estate developers and owners; retail, office and industrial landlords and tenants; financial institutions; closely held businesses, partnerships and other organizations.
Russ regularly represents clients in connection with complex contract and lease negotiations; drafting land use documents (easements, declarations, restrictive covenants and licenses); reviewing title, survey and other due diligence materials; organizing companies and assisting in other general corporate matters inherent in real estate transactions. He also structures and drafts documents for mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures; as well as preparing and negotiating construction, mezzanine and permanent financing documents.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D. with Honors, 2007)
- College of Charleston (B.S. magna cum laude, 2004)
Wachovia Bank, N.A. v. Burke: Preemption of State Law with Respect to National Bank Operating Subsidiaries, 10 N.C. BANKING INST. 109 (2006)
Russ was born in Albemarle, North Carolina. He enjoys spending time playing golf, traveling and being with his family. Russ and his wife have two sons, ages 4 and 2.
- Represented real estate developer in the acquisition, development and sale of grocery-anchored and other shopping centers (including outparcels) throughout the U.S. (PA, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, AZ, CT, CO, NY)
- Represented developer clients in the acquisition, financing, development (including lease negotiations and construction), and sales of single-tenant real estate projects in the Southeastern, Northeastern and Western U.S.
- Represented existing landowners in lease negotiations with grocery store anchor tenants and small shop tenants.
- Represented commercial developer in connection with the acquisition and development of multiple student housing projects along the east coast.
- Represented franchisee business owner in franchise expansion transactions, including contracting and closing on the acquisition of new sites and existing businesses.
- Prepared form leases, sales contracts and declaration documents for commercial landowner clients with existing properties.
- Negotiated cell phone tower leases, easements, options and licenses for landowner clients.
- Experienced in a wide variety of miscellaneous real estate documents, including rights of first refusal, options to purchase and rights of first offer.
- Represented tenants in build to suit lease negotiations with developer landlords.
- Prepared, reviewed, revised and negotiated a wide variety of easement documents for real estate clients, including agreements with municipalities and adjacent property owners.
- Reviewed and prepared reports and objections to title, survey and other due diligence materials for real estate projects.
- Organized companies, and preparing corporate documentation, including articles of organization and operating agreements, for commercial developer clients.