Sarah Moser Beason advises clients in complex commercial real estate transactions involving the development, financing, acquisition, sale, and leasing of commercial and industrial properties.
She also focuses her practice on land use, zoning and governmental relations. She represents landowners and developers on a wide range of development projects, including commercial, mixed-use, office and transportation, and is engaged in development projects from the rezoning stage through and enforcement issues that arise during the life of a development.
Sarah regularly works with local Boards of Adjustment, City Councils, County Commissions, and other local governmental bodies on behalf of clients seeking approvals or opposing local government decisions relating to zoning, permitting, changes of use, variances, annexations, special use permits, site plans, subdivisions and right-of-way abandonments.
Additionally, she has experience in a wide range of federal regulatory, policy, and legislative matters among others before Congress and federal agencies and departments.
Prior to joining Alexander Ricks PLLC, Sarah practiced in the Washington, D.C. and Charlotte offices of K&L Gates LLP.
- William and Mary School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014; Lead Articles Editor, William & Mary Law Review)
- College of William and Mary (M.P.P., 2014, Submissions Editor, William & Mary Policy Review)
- Converse College (B.A., 2009)
- North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- Commercial Real Estate Women Network (CREW)
- Urban Land Institute
- North Carolina Bar Association: Real Property and Taxation Sections
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Virginia State Bar
Sarah was born and raised in Mooresville, N.C. She returned to North Carolina after practicing in Washington, D.C. for several years. She enjoys spending her time outdoors hiking and biking and on Lake Norman.
- Assisted real estate investors with respect to the sale of their multi-property portfolio.
- Represented landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of office, industrial, and retail leases.
- Advised a national homebuilder in the acquisition, development and sale of a planned community in South Carolina.
- Assisted a hotel developer in the appeal process regarding the rezoning of a project site for the development of a hotel in Charlotte, NC.
- Represented landowner with a conditional use permit to allow for the operation of a horse stable on the property.
- Represented an auto sales company to obtain a text amendment to a zoning ordinance to allow for its operation as a permitted use.