Will Daughtrey became a Member of Alexander Ricks in 2019 after joining firm as an Associate in 2016. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate investment, development and finance, and financial services.
Will’s experience includes representing real estate developers in all stages of development, including drafting and negotiation of purchase agreements, sophisticated title issues, a variety of leasing matters, and disposition. He also has substantial experience advising national, regional and community banks in all types of commercial real estate lending (including term, construction, acquisition and development loans), as well as commercial and industrial loans.
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., Political Science, 2009)
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law “Ones to Watch”, 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Super Lawyers, Real Estate, “Rising Star”, 2022 and 2023
- Order of the Coif
- Wake Forest University Law Review
- Staff Member (2011 – 2012)
- Board of Editors (2012 – 2013)
- Wake Forest Law Faculty Scholarship
Will was born and raised in Houston, Texas, but a significant part of his family lives in Statesville, North Carolina. After attending UNC-Chapel Hill for his undergraduate studies, Will graduated from Wake Forest Law School, cum laude. He moved to Charlotte immediately after law school, and prior to joining Alexander Ricks PLLC, was an associate in the Real Estate and Financial Services groups at Johnston, Allison & Hord, P.A.
- Represented national, regional and community banks and other financial institutions in a variety of real estate and commercial lending matters, including the following:
- Term and construction loans for grocery and retail anchored shopping centers, single tenant retail sites, self-storage facilities, industrial parks, office buildings and multi-family, hospitality and condominium developments;
- Acquisition and development loans for sites pre-sold to national homebuilders;
- Revolving line of credit construction facilities;
- Leasehold and air-rights financing;
- Asset based loans and operating lines of credits; and
- SBA 7(a) and 504 loans.
- Represented non-institutional senior and mezzanine lenders in an assortment of credit facilities.
Commercial Real Estate
- Represented developers and owners in the acquisition, financing, development, and disposition of shopping centers, self-storage facilities, office buildings, hotel developments, multi-family complexes and various mixed-use and stand-alone projects throughout the U.S.
- Represented owners and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of office, industrial and retail leases.
- Represented national home builder in connection with the acquisition of large acreage sites and the negotiation of horizontal development agreements.